17 Nov Market Recap – November 17, 2023
- Inflation came in cooler than expected at 23% Year-over-year increase 
- Retail sales came in 
- Oil prices have dropped due to China demand 
Chart of the Week
- Inflation is coming down in the short-term but risks for reaccelerating remain long-
- Unemployment will continue to rise as businesses struggle with refinancing at higher interest rates.
- The Federal Reserve will continue their wait and see approach and keep interest rates steady in December.
- Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers: All Items in S. City Average (CPIAUCSL) | FRED| St. Louis Fed (stlouisfed.org)
- Advance Retail Sales: Retail Trade (RSXFS) | FRED | Louis Fed (stlouisfed.org)
- Oil prices slump to 4-month low on S., Chinese economic concerns (msn.com)
Bridge Advisory LLC Disclosures
Bridge Advisory, LLC is an investment adviser registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Investment Advisory Services offered through Bridge Advisory, LLC. Content intended for educational/informational purposes only. Not investment advice, or a recommendation of any security, strategy, or account type. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Indices are not available for direct investment. Index performance does not reflect the expenses associated with the management of an actual portfolio. Information herein has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but Bridge Advisory, LLC. does not warrant its completeness or accuracy; opinions and estimates constitute our judgment as of this date and are subject to change without notice. This newsletter expresses the views of the authors as of the date indicated and such views are subject to change without notice.
By: Nick Colletta, CFA, CAIA